Saturday 23 March 2013

Friday 22nd





Tomorrow is the official opening of the DinoZoo2 for the summer, so this week the signs have come in for the various dino exhibits. These were designed by Anna, my work colleague, she is one of a team of two graphic designers at the zoo. The other being Phil, our Line Manager and Head of Graphics.  There are signs for to ID each dino, 'Please don't touch our dino', 'Beware of falling asteroids' and a few other jokey 'red triangle warning signs, some dino jokes and in some of the loo's there will be 'Please wash your claws'.


These had to be all up by Friday closing, plus the zoo changes to summer opening times so various signs on the animal houses had to be changed to show the later closing times... from 4.30pm to 5pm. I had some hours to make up from time I had to take off recently, so I came in on Friday afternoon for 3 hours to help Phil put the last of the signs up and change over the animal house signs.


It was a drizzly rainy afternoon and a bit chilly so I was glad I had wrapped up sufficiently in thermals and waterproof coat. I started off helping Phil put up the last of the ID signs before going round the ladies and disabled toilets putting up the 'Please wash your claw' signs. Then I went back to Phil as he made his way around the zoo with a wheelbarrow full of signs, nipping off to put up odd signs here and there. I got help from Kevin in the Maintenance Department to put up some signs in the two car parks... these needed to be attached to walls so he came round with a masonry drill whilst I decided where they went and checked they were attached straight.

Back to catch up with Phil and then last job was to change over the animal house signs... then back to the studio for a drink and check emails before going home.




On my way out of the zoo I stopped to take some photo's of the signs etc for this blog and couldn't resist getting Joe, the Maintenance Manager (who was still working getting everything ready with his team), to  pose with Quetzalcoatlus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment