Monday 25 June 2012

Birthday

I walked into the studio this morning at the zoo and this was what my desk looked like.




The folks in the education section had decorated my desk at the end of last week, so it was ready to greet me this morning. It was my birthday on Saturday and it is a little tradition within the graphics and education sections to get your desk 'done over' as a birthday treat.The toy animals are used by the education section in their teaching sessions and along with them, the banners and balloons I had confetti sprinkled over the desk!

Sadly the animals couldn't stay there all day, as I needed the space to work, of course... so I returned all but three of them and left a gorilla, lion and lemur to keep me company for the day.

Then it was onto the goliath stick insect... picking up from last week I carried on finishing off the leaves and then worked through the day on the legs and part of the body.

In the afternoon I had to nip over to the Aquarium to check what temporary signs were up so that my colleague, Anna, could prepare the computer files and artwork ready for a print company to make colour transparencies of them.

When I came back I was just going through the info with Anna, when singing interupted the flow. Folks from the education section came into the room singing  'Happy Birthday' - Anna and Phil joined in and I was given a pressent bag and card. My 'secret birthday person' had bought me some lovely gifts (there is a max spend of £10) of a nepalese handmade bird hanging, a beautiful purple scarf and a cast iron lizard.

With the lovely Birthday stuff over I got back to the Aquarium signs. I had a few adjustments to make before the end of the day, before Anna could do her thing with them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment