Saturday 30 June 2012

Wednesday 27th June

Back in work today after resting arm and shoulder yesterday.

So back to the goliath stick insect... had hoped (had I been in) that I would have finished this yesterday. So today's target is to get the little beastie done, checked, scanned and placed on ID sign, printed, laminated and on show by the end of the day.


 Well I got part way there..... got the painting finished, checked, scanned and placed on the ID file by late afternoon. Having sent the text that was to go on the ID sign to the invertebrate animal section (Mark had not yet seen it) I got an email back from him later with a small query on the grammar, so I sent an email to Dave in Education for him to check it over.

I had another email from Nigel on the Bird section late in the afternoon... there was an error spotted on the distribution map of the brown-breasted barbet. Unfortunately we are out of a black ink on the computer printer, so I sent the corrected ID through to another printer... sadly it did not print well and there was no time left to switch on, send and print it on the thrid printer we have at our disposal. Even if there was I had no time to then trim, laminate, trim again and take out to section to put up and then wait for the laminator to cool so that it could be switched off before I left to go home. So it would have to wait and be the first job I do on Monday.

Had no time to sort out the image of the goliath stick insect to post on here either so again.. will do that on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment