Tuesday 19 June 2012

Monday 18th June


Today I was rock pooling practically all day... at least painting an illustration of one... maybe not as good as the actual thing, but lovely from the point of view that I could concentrate and crack on with it without other jobs cropping up and distracting/deterring me. As a result I was able to complete it just before it was time to go home.

As is usual for me, I worked from the 'back' of the scene moving forward layering the elements one on top of the other rather than painting around them if I approached it as a whole or started with the main features at the front. Once it was finished I stuck masking tape around the 'underwater' area, cutting it to fit the shape and then with a 2" wash brush I put on a thin blue wash carefully so as not to disturb the paint underneath. Once that was dry i just added a few touches over that of the elements at the front to make them stand out more and that was it...  done.



It has now been scanned onto the computer and put into the computer file for the sign that will go on the rockpool display tank. Now I just have to wait f or the text to come from the Education section and I can get the sign completed and up on show.

My only diversion on this day was a pleasant one in the afternoon... The zoo management have, in the last year, started a lovely idea of once a month holding a 'tea and cakes chat' where members of the Senior Management Team (SMT) invite staff whose birthday falls in that month to join them in the Directors Office. So this month I got 'my turn' along with five others to have our birthday cakes with three members of the SMT.. it was an enjoyable hour of general and sometimes very amusing chat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment