Tuesday 29 May 2012

Bristles on the nose

Today I got straight back into painting the bristlenose as I wanted to get it finished today. I'm off work next week, so it would be nice to be able to get this one done and the ID sign up before the end of Wednesday (tomorrow). I completed the fish by mid afternoon and as Jonny (Assistant Curator Aquarium) wasn't in for a few days another member of staff on the section provisionally checked it for me until his return. This meant I could process the illustration through to the finished sign, get it up on display before my week off. On Jonny's return I will get him to look at the illustration and I'll make any necessary changes and re-do the sign.



So after scanning it in, doing the photo adjustment to the black background, placing it onto the ID file for T7 (the tank the fish was on show in)  - I printed it and trimmed to size - ready to put up tomorrow as by the time I had done all that it was 5pm and the Aquarium would now be closed.

During the day I got the text from Jim (Education Officer) for the Antilles pink toed spider emailed through to me. I copied and pasted this onto the ID file on the computer and printed that out at the same time I did the fish. Once trimmed and laminated this too was ready to go to the relevant section tomorrow.

I added a new species to my to do list that came in recently from the Reptile section.. a Roti Island snake neck turtle. I haven't seen this animal yet but I am intrigued.... sounds like it could be an interesting one to paint. However, I have 6 other illustrations to do be before that one.

Next on my list is to paint a general picture of a rockpool for the exhibit in Bug World. I already have reference photo's for this so hopefully tomorrow I can get started on that. But before I do I want to do an ID Sweep to check that the ID signage around thge zoo to see if any are missing or need replacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment