Wednesday 16 May 2012

Lionhead completion


Apart from popping across to the Central Office to share some birthday cakes of Ginny, a work colleague I have known for the last 16 years, and having a quick chat with Katy, a freelance illustrator doing some volunteer work at the zoo, all I did today was paint the lionhead.

I carried on from yesterday building up the body and head with form and colour  before mapping the scale pattern in and then adding some refinements in colour to them.


Next came the fins. It was a straightforward fish to do - no complicated colour patterning but laying the scale pattern took time and a lot of concentration to get right again.


I finished the fish just before the end of the work day and had a little time left over to start looking for reference pictures for the next species... another fish...  a bristle-nosed catfish. The lionhead just needs to be checked by Jonny next week and if ok'd I can then reset the background to pure black as I have described in previous posts and add it to the ID file. The bristle-nose is in the same tank as the lionhead cichlid so I won't print the revised ID until  that fish is also done.

So end of another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment