Thursday 30 August 2012

Butts end

Decided to come back into work at the zoo today to finish the lion board. There's not much left to do and I know Anna will be busy next week as she will be on her own in the studio, so I didn't want her to worry about having to get the lion finished for me.



Here's me working on the board, tidying up a few lines and adding a second coat to the pale body colour it wasn't dark enough to hide the pencil marks underneath of the traced line of the original lion (which I altered a bit).

Here's the original lion board with the very rotten hole where the small nozzle was. The board has rotten a lot around the small aperture to the point that a child's head could almost be put through it. We are not sure who painted the original board but I think it was probably a great guy called Al, who worked at the zoo for a great many years in the Graphics Dept. He did a lot of the fun stuff decorating cut outs of animal shape and things for various uses around the zoo like the Activity Centre, Zoolympics and puzzles and pictures for the zoo magazine.  


It's a shame his lion has suffered, but it gave a good number of years service and I hope mine will do the same.

So here he is finished....



No comments:

Post a Comment